22 September 2012

beginnings and endings

Sunrise or sunset?  Well, I took the picture and if you know me you can probably make an educated guess. I have seen many more sunsets in my life than sunrises.

Beginning or ending?  That question is sort of our daily experience. 

We left Belgium almost 3 months ago.  And some days are like looking at this picture.  Is it a sunrise or a sunset?  Will I feel the emotions of an ending or a beginning?  And does it matter, because both sets of emotions can be pretty hard at times.  When I am thinking clearly, eyes focused on the One who leads me here and there, I pay less attention to my anxieties, fears, and longings, and instead reflect with thanksgiving and anticipate with hope.  For Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

No comments: